Saint Didier is located near Carpentras, to the east of Avignon in the department of Vaucluse.
Avignon has excellent communications:
- By road, the A7 autoroute (l'Autoroute du Soleil) from Lyon/Paris
to the north or Marseille/Nice to the south and east, and also the
A9 from Nîmes/Toulouse and the south-west, pass nearby. The
route from Bollène to Carpentras passes through the
impressive vineyards of the Côtes du Rhône bordered by
the majestic Dentelles de Montmirail.
- By rail, Avignon is a main junction for all routes with frequent
TGVs (Train à Grande Vitesse) - and also EuroStar during the summer -
arriving at the new station located
in the south-eastern suburb of La Courtine . All of the well-known car rental
companies have collect and drop-off locations close by.
- By air, Avignon with Flybe flights from Exeter/Portsmouth is about 30 minutes drive.
Marseille international airport at Marignane and Nîmes are about 1 hour.
Other major airports within 2½ hours' drive are at Nice, Lyon and Montpellier.
The local map of the village shows some useful landmarks:
- arriving from Carpentras, turn right at the second Lavoir (public
washing fountain) next to the Boulangerie, then turn first left at
the large cross-roads
- arriving from Pernes-Les-Fontaines, follow the main fork to the
right on entering St Didier, then turn right at the large
Take the immediate right by the war memorial, direction Saumanes.
After 50m, pull in at the owners' gates set within stone walls.